Exploring Charente Maritime
Charente Maritime offers a patchwork of landscapes and boasts a rich cultural and historic heritage.
We have selected a few places of interest to visit and leisure activities for you to enjoy during your holiday.
Whether you enjoy lazing on the beach, culture, sports or nature, there's something for everyone in Charente Maritime !
Activities for the whole family near the campsite
- 300 m : Watersports centre, on the beach at Saint-Georges-de-Didonne. Jet ski, windsurfing, sand yachting...
- 300 m : Mickey Les Ouistitis beach club on the beach at Saint-Georges-de-Didonne
- 500 m : Accrobranche at "Parc Aventure". Tree climbing adventure (children and adult levels)
- 2 km : Horseriding centre, treks, manèges, ponies...
- 3 km : Surfing at the second largest surf school in France
- 5 km : Casino in Royan overlooking the stunning bay of Pontaillac
- 5 km : Thalassotherapy for a wellness break in Royan
- 10 km : 18-hole golf course, in the heart of the magnificent forest "La Coubre"
- 15 km : Zoo de La Palmyre, one of the largest animals parks in Europe
- 15 km : Youpiland, large attraction park for children
- 16 km : Archeological site "Fâ", an ancient Gallo-Romain port town
- 25 km : Farm "Magné", discover the animals from all over the world
Places of interest to visit in Charente Maritime
- Parc de l'Estuaire, an outstanding nature reserve
- Grottes de Meschers, two troglodytic sites
- Royan, a lively, dynamic coastal town
- Cordouan lighthouse, the king of lighthouses
- Talmont-sur-Gironde, its Citadel and walled 13th century city
- Rochefort-sur-Mer, the "Corderie Royale" and ship "Hermione"
- Citadel of Brouage, its ramparts and magnificent "Halle aux Vivres"
- Cognac, a town of art and history and its famous liqueur
Book your stay in Saint-Georges-de-Didonne
The 3-star campsite Le Blayais Alicat offers comfortable mobile homes and camping pitches. Book your camping accommodation in Saint-Georges-de-Didonne in Charente Maritime.
Contact us on + 33 (0)5 46 05 31 92 for further information and for availabilities.
Photo credits : Plages, sports nautiques et club de plage OT Saint Georges-de-Didonne © E. PICARD - Golf © Fotolia